Torfaen Youth Led Grants 2021/22
Small grants of up to £2,000 are available from TVA to enable projects to run that provide volunteering opportunities for young people aged 14-25 years.
The young people can be from an existing group or just young people coming together to run a project of their own choosing. The application must be written by a young person.
Past projects have included organising fundraising events to support local charities, local environmental schemes, and improving facilities for older people. Examples of future projects could be around mental health, young carers, the elderly, health & wellbeing, art, life skills etc.
In the current circumstances, we understand projects will be delivered differently and encourage creative applications from projects engaging and supporting individuals/communities in response to Covid-19.
A panel of young people from Torfaen will assess the applications.
- be Youth Led.
- provide volunteering opportunities in Torfaen.
- benefit the wider community and young people .
- have an adult to take responsibility (18+).
- be made up of at least 3 young people.
- be legally constituted with a governing document that is signed and adopted; (the objectives of the project must fit with the constitution);
- be independent of government and private sectors;
- have a bank account, in the name of the organisation, which requires at least two signatures
- have youth representation to assit the application assessment process if necessary
- Evidence that the project will contribute towards the seven Well-being of Future Generations Act (2015) goals.
All projects must be completed and accounted for by March 31st 2022.
Any funding not spent by this date must be returned.
Time Remaining to apply