This page contains information regarding COVID-19 and useful resources, which we will continue to update.
Please note that the situation around the pandemic is constantly changing – to keep up-to-date, check out Public Health Wales website https://phw.nhs.wales/ and follow their social media pages @PublicHealthWales.
For Voluntary & Community Groups
Here is the current support TVA is offering for COVID-19
- We are actively engaging with organisations that are providing COVID-19 support for the community; offering support and advice where needed.
- We are working in partnership with Torfaen County Borough Council to offer funds to financially support organisations providing COVID-19 support.
- We are promoting COVID-19 Volunteering Role on the Volunteering Wales website; building a bank of volunteers to support organisations.
- We are supporting organisations with any IT or social media promotion requirements.
- We are sharing resources, offering advice and networking with all partners and third-sector organisations.
- We are offering financial advice and guidance for organisations applying to the HMRC grant.
If you are providing a service and require support, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us on 01495 742420.
If you are looking to volunteer, please register here: https://torfaen.volunteering-wales.net/vk/volunteers/my_opportunities_info_ur.htm?pID=10156339https://tinyurl.com/tctc426
Information for all groups
Guidelines from Welsh Government
Covid Info Leaflet v2 - 31.03
Kindness Cards – Right click on the image to save and print it outkindness cards
Guidance from UNICEF
- Covid19: Asda Volunteering Shop
- Covid19: Digital Communities Wales drop-in workshops
- News: April 2020 Bulletin
- News: Easter waste and recycling collections 2020
- Covid19: Support for pre-school Childcare (birth to 4 year old)
Coronavirus is having a huge impact on businesses, charities & the sport sector across Wales. As a result of the pandemic events, games & leagues have been cancelled which will leave many clubs and organisations struggling financially. Follow @ClubSolWales for advice & support pic.twitter.com/c3vkD4JW4O— tcbcsports (@torfaensport) March 30, 2020
Disability Advice Project
DAP has a team of dedicated and experienced staff and volunteers, who are there to offer information, advice and support on all disability issues.
Anyone who would normally have a face to face appointment will now have that appointment by telephone or video call. See below:
Getting Advice during Corona outbreak
If you’re looking for funding, our Funding Portal is now live https://funding.cymru/coronavirus-latest
- Footfall in jobcentres will be minimised to all but the vulnerable cases and other related transactions, which can’t be completed through any other channel in order to receive timely payment.
- Inside Jobcentres, strict social distancing measures will be in place.
- Signs will be placed in windows asking everyone to claim online and / or over the phone.
- A number will be provided for those who want to speak to a colleague in the Jobcentre.
Also please register for alerts from Touchbase to get regular updates:
Look on Understanding Universal Credit for more information on Coronavirus and Claiming Benefits as this is also being updated regularly too:
Plus gov.uk which is also being updated in real time too:
Are you self employed and need financial support for to Coronavirus? I’ve bashed out a rough and ready quick video briefing…— Martin Lewis (@MartinSLewis) March 24, 2020
Feel free to share with anyone who needs. pic.twitter.com/l7KT6EepAw
RSPB website for Bird Watch: https://www.rspb.org.uk/get-involved/activities/birdwatch/birds-to-look-out-for/
Information for Job Seekers
Twitter Guide- SEWales
British Sign Language courses – discounted enrolment for ‘Key Workers’ and free enrolment for Under 18s, see site for details: