Nominate in the Sports Volunteer/Group of the Year category for #TorfaenSaysThanks!
Nomination Time remaining
Nominations now open for 2nd Torfaen Community and Volunteer Awards.
If you’re looking to nominate, we thought we’d take a look at each category and give you some examples of the kind of thing we’re looking for this year!
Sports Volunteer/Group of the Year is sponsored by Uddr.
This award recognises an individual or volunteer led clubs, teams in Torfaen whose contribution to sport has made a real difference by providing their time to support sport & recreational activities in Torfaen.
For example, nominees may have
- Used sport as a way to tackle social isolation/loneliness.
- Used sport as a tool to positively impact the lives of participants.
- Used sport to promote the inclusion of marginalised groups.
- Volunteer at a community sports club
- Coach a youth sports team
- Volunteer with an organisation that promotes diversity in sport;
- Support a local recreation centre
- Organise volunteer led outdoor activities
- Share their time to support community recreational activities
- Volunteer to teach inclusive physical activities
- Take part in a committee for a local sports programme
- Or take part in any other volunteer activity that supports sport or recreation!
So if you know someone who deserves a chance to be recognised for their commitment, dedication and hard work please take a few minutes of your time to nominate at this form: https://tvawales.org.uk/volunteer-awards/
Nominations close on 31st July 2022, so you still have time.
Look out for more categories that we’ll be taking a closer look at, and other updates as the big day of 21st October 2022 looms!