Are you well-connected with people in your community?
Perhaps you are a member of a local sports club, community council, PTA, choir, scouts/guides or connected to your community in another way?
Are you a carer or work with people in a supporting role?
We are looking for people who can help us share key messages with their networks about health services across the Aneurin Bevan University Health Board area.
By becoming a Community Champion, you will…
- Receive regular updates from the Health Board about new services and engagement opportunities
- Attend regular meetings with the Communications & Engagement Team to hear first-hand the latest news, ask questions and share feedback and experiences
- Be provided with communications toolkits to share on social media and websites with your contacts if you would like to
- Be confident that the information you are sharing is factual and current
- Receive assistance with queries you may be asked by your networks
- Have an opportunity to network with other champions from your area
As a Community Champion, we would like you to…
- Share the latest factual messages about Health services with your networks
- Provide us with intelligence – be our eyes and ears on the ground!
- Meet with the Communications & Engagement Team on a regular basis (meetings are held on a weekly rotational borough basis)
- Be involved in consultation and engagement opportunities of Health Board projects and services
- Complete our monthly Community Champions survey
- Suggest ideas for future communications and campaigns
For more information, or to register your interest in becoming a Community Champion, please email ABB.Engagement@wales.nhs.uk