Mind Our Future
Mind Our Future is a £10 million grant programme to put young people in the lead so that they can imagine and create a more resilient and mentally healthy future for young people in Wales.
Its focus and aims have been co-designed with the Young People in the Lead Team, a team of young people from across Wales.
The aims of the programme are to empower young people to:
- create and implement a vision for a more resilient and mentally healthy future for young people in their community
- design and develop new solution-focussed approaches to young people’s mental health and resilience, with a focus on:
- addressing mental health inequalities that were highlighted and made worse by the COVID-19 pandemic
- designing new ways to prevent mental health problems from developing or getting worse, and ensure young people get the right support at the right time, wherever they turn for help
- strengthening young people’s long-term access to resilience assets in their lives and communities
- bringing lasting changes that increase the ability of systems and/or communities to build young people’s resilience and tackle the root causes of mental health problems and adversity.