Hate Crime Awareness Grant
West Gwent local authority areas (Torfaen, Blaenau Gwent, and Caerphilly) have been provided additional funding from Welsh Government to raise awareness and plan activities during hate crime awareness week (HCAW).
Local Authorities across West Gwent would like to further support local community networks to challenge and respond to hate crime and invite bids from community groups for amounts up to £1000.
Hate Crime awareness week will run from 9th – 16th October. Previous HCAW activities have included:
- A youth club activity exploring food and the different cuisines that we share and love
- A hate Crime Rap track produced in a professional studio
- Arts and Crafts activities raising awareness on hate crime reporting
- An externally commissioned social media campaign and animation
- A public engagement event aimed at challenging negative perceptions of asylum seekers and refugees coming to Gwent
- A community cup football tournament and cultural celebration to support cohesion and integration
- Production of all Wales hate crime materials in range of languages
Organisations are not limited to hate crime specific activities. We would really welcome applications from organisations who champion diversity and inclusion when planning their activities.