Tenovus Cancer Care need volunteers in Newport for their Lovelight event on Thursday 5th December (NP20 4EA)
Why am I needed?
They’re looking for a team of volunteers to help run the annual Lovelight event at Newport Cathedral. The Lovelight concerts run all throughout Wales and give supporters the opportunity to gather together to celebrate Christmas at the same time as remembering and celebrating loved ones lost to cancer, and to give strength to those families affected by a diagnosis. The event also allows them to raise vital funds and awareness of their support services.
By volunteering at this event, you’ll be helping then to make sure it runs smoothly. You’ll be supporting with setting up the venue, welcoming guests and selling raffle tickets, refreshments, lighting candles for the audience during the concert and packing down at the end of the evening.
What skills or qualities do I need?
- A positive attitude and a willingness to help people.
- You’ll be confident and happy to engage with new people.
How much time do I need to commit?
Ideally, you’ll be able available from 5:30pm – 10:00pm on Thursday 5th December 2019. However anytime you are able to give will be a huge help to them!
What support will I be given?
You’ll be supported by the Events Team, who will give you any training or advice you may require, and you’ll be joined by other volunteers on the night.
What benefits can I expect?
- The chance to gain experience volunteering alongside the Events Team and with other volunteers
- The opportunity to be part of one of the inspirational Lovelight concerts with some amazing choirs and soloists performing
- The opportunity to develop a range of skills while making a difference in your community
- Refreshments will be provided on the day
- Reasonable travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with organisational policy
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the work of Tenovus Cancer Care, and in particular the people who access their unique services.
Where will I be based?
Newport Cathedral, Newport NP20 4EA.
How do I apply?