Date: Wednesday 27th November 2019
Venue: Llanyravon Social Club, Llanfrechfa Way, Cwmbran, NP44 8HT
This is a learning event for anyone who works with, and supports volunteers across Torfaen.
Updates for the sector with presentations from key note speakers will ensure that you feel more supported and up to date with your volunteer management.
The agenda for this will include: TBA
Julian Davenne, Torfaen Play Service Manager
Torfaen play services volunteering project supports over 200 people each year to volunteer in community play settings. All volunteers receive training, a DBS and valuable experience of working with children and young people to put on their CV. The volunteer project has two strands – Play Helpers aged 13 – 15 years and volunteers aged 16 +. Volunteer placements include community play clubs, play projects with children with disabilities as well as half term and summer playschemes.
Fiona Liddell, Helpforce Cymru Manager (WCVA)
Helpforce Cymru is working with Third Sector Support Wales (WCVA and 19 CVCs), Welsh Government and other department to develop the potential of volunteering to support health and social care in Wales
Building upon existing networks and practice in Wales and in relationship with Helpforce UK it is:
- Influencing statutory health, care and government organisations to consider ways of involving volunteers effectively, including new delivery models
- Improving readiness and capability for volunteering involvement, including organisational culture and policy infrastructure
- Developing the evidence of impact of volunteering and methodology for describing and sharing impactful volunteering interventions
- Identifying and publicising exemplary models of volunteering services, especially those involving partnerships between NHS and voluntary organisations
- Engaging stakeholders in sharing experience, learning and debate
- Contributing a Wales perspective and experience to developments of Helpforce UK