TFS is a Support Service which is made up of a number of experienced support agencies who work together in Partnership. The scheme can offer a wide range of support to people who need help to stay in their current home or who need help to find a new home. The support can last for up to 2 years.
Who can TFS help?
You must be 16 years of age or over, live in the Torfaen area, and your support needs are related to one or more of the following:
- Mental health
- Domestic abuse
- Chronic illness
- Drug or alcohol misuse
- Young people (aged over 16)
- Offending behaviour
- Physical or learning disabilities
- Single parent/ Vulnerable families
- Older people/ Frail elderly
What can TFS offer?
- We may be able to help you with:
- Claiming benefits
- Setting up your home
- Developing life skills
- Dealing with landlords & housing issues
- Improving confidence & self esteem
- Emotional support
- Setting-up new social contacts & accessing social activities
- Talking with other agencies or individuals on your behalf
- Accessing other services e.g. housing, health, social services, education, training, employment, legal, etc.
- Mediation and/or support to help develop relationships
How do I get help from TFS?
You can refer yourself or be referred by another person or agency by completing an Initial Referral Form which are available from Torfaen Voluntary Alliance (TVA): Torfaen Voluntary Alliance, Portland Buildings, Commercial Street, Pontypool, Torfaen, NP4 6JS, Tel 01495 742420
Please ask if you would like some help in completing the referral form.
What happens next?
If your application is successful, your details will be passed on to one of our specialist support agencies. They will arrange for you to meet them to discuss your needs and the services they have to offer. If you then agree, a support worker will help draw-up a support plan with you that suits your own particular needs and situation.
Please note there is a waiting list for TFS
How do I find out more about TFS?
For more information please contact the: TFS Co-ordinator Tel: 01495 742461 or e-mail: email@example.com