Do you have an idea or project that would benefit your local community?
Then the Youth Led Grants Scheme is for you!
The Youth Led Grants Scheme is aimed at young volunteers aged 14-25, who have an idea or project that will benefit their local community. This could be a one-off project such as a group of young people organising an event or project around mental health awareness to an individual organising a clean-up day in their local community.
All projects must comply with the criteria that have been set out.
- They MUST be youth led;
- They MUST provide a volunteering opportunities for young people aged 14 to 25;
- They MUST be of benefit to the local community;
- Projects MUST be completed and funding spent by 31st March 2019
Priority areas for funding awards
The Welsh Government has identified five priority areas which have the potential to make the greatest contribution to long-term prosperity and well-being. These are early years, better mental health, housing, skills and employability, and social care. They are areas where it has been shown that earlier intervention and more seamless services can make a real difference to people’s lives. The Welsh Government wants to ensure that support and investment in volunteering is making a positive contribution to action in these priority areas.
- Early Years (0-7 year olds) – activity which supports children to lead healthy, prosperous and fulfilling lives.
- Housing – activity which improves living conditions and tackles homelessness
- Social Care – activity which helps build strong communities and for people to live independent lives for longer.
- Mental Health – activity which improves awareness of mental health conditions or improves the help that people with mental health conditions get.
- Skills and Employability – activity which improves skills and readiness for education or employment.
Other Terms and Conditions apply.
Please note: Deadline for applications is Friday 25th January
Application form can be found here
Who assesses the applications? Youth Led Grants Panel.
All the applications are assessed by a Grants Panel which is made up of Young People from the local area. It is up to them to decide who gets the money. Panel Members receive training and travelling expenses are covered.
For more information please contact Callum on 01495 742465 / firstname.lastname@example.org