This is a 2 day Big Lottery funded course. Places are offered free of charge. This training has been developed to enable people who do not have access to Mental Health training, due to monetary restrictions, to get Mental Awareness training that we believe everyone should have. The course has been developed by New Pathways, and ratified by Mental Health professionals.
Open to, and suitable for, anyone, from front line service staff, to people who want to help their family and friends; and is particularly useful for those with no previous Mental Health training
By the end of the training the learner will be able to:
- Describe good Mental Health
- Recognise common Mental Health issues (such as Depression, Anxiety, Bipolar Disorder and Schizophrenia)
- Use skills to support people with Mental Health issues
- Describe some self-help techniques for Mental Health issues and know how to refer to additional support
- Will have an understanding of the skills needed to respond to someone who is suicidal and potentially preserve life
The sessions are: 9.30am-4.30pm both days, and attendance at both days is required.
Venues and Dates, Click on date to book your place: