Financial assistance is available to local groups for the development of sporting opportunities and physical activities in Torfaen.
Objectives of Fund
The aim of the scheme is to support sporting activities that:
- Encourage more people to be more active, more often.
- Raise the standard of existing activities.
Grants of up to £1,500 are available.
Match Funding Restrictions
The applicant will be expected to make a contribution if the project total exceeds the maximum grant available.
Who Can Apply
Applications will be accepted from any group which holds a bank account in their organisation’s name. Examples of eligible groups include:
- Sports Clubs or Associations.
- Youth Clubs.
- Community Groups.
Grants are not available for:
- Primary / secondary schools arranging activities for their pupils.
- Individual members of the public.
- Local Authorities.
- Organisations whose proposed project has already started.
- Personal items of equipment or kit.
- Catering and hospitality.
- Medals, certificates and trophies.
- Sports tours.
- One-off events with no links to ongoing activities.
- Day-to-day running costs.
- Projects that have already started.
- Projects where the activity takes place outside of Wales.
- Insurance / League fees / affiliation / activities deemed part of the "core" business of the applicant.
- Physical activities such as gardening, DIY, environmental improvements, performance dance or circus skills.
- Maintenance, repair or replacement of current equipment or facilities (however consideration will be given to replace equipment that no longer complies with current legislation).
- Capital projects (projects that involve building or buying land).
- Financial support for individuals.
Grants are available to support:
- Projects that deliver increased participation and improve standards.
- Additional equipment to support growth in membership or increasing standards.
- Coach education and volunteer development.
- Initial facility hire and instructor costs for new sessions (up to 20 weeks or sessions).
The application deadlines are:
- 4 September 2017.
- 3 October 2017.
- 4 December 2017.
- 8 January 2018.
Applications should be submitted online at the Sport Wales website.
Applicants are advised to contact Christine Philpott at Torfaen Council for further information before submitting an application.