Awards for All Wales Welcomes Applications from Priority Groups
The Big Lottery Fund has added three groups to its priorities list for Wales.
Awards for All is a National Lottery funded programme operated by the Big Lottery Fund throughout Wales.
Grants of between £500 and £5,000 are available for local voluntary and community organisations, schools, community and town councils and health bodies in Wales to help improve local communities and the lives of people most in need.
Earlier this year, the Big Lottery Fund added the following groups to its priorities list for Wales:
- New organisations.
- Organisations with an annual income of less than £15,000.
- Organisations run by people from black and minority ethnic communities, including refugees, asylum seekers and travellers.
The grants are intended to support projects that meet at least one of the following aims:
- Support community activity – by helping communities to meet their needs through voluntary action, self-help projects, local facilities or events.
- Extend access and participation – by encouraging more people to become actively involved in local groups and projects, and by supporting activities that aim to be open and accessible to everyone who wishes to take part.
- Increase skill and creativity – by supporting activities which help to develop people and organisations, improve skills and raise standards.
- Improve the quality of life – by supporting local projects that improve people’s opportunities, health, welfare, environment or local facilities, especially those most disadvantaged in society.
Applications can be made at any time to this rolling grants programme.