National Vegetarian Week 2017 Event Grants – UK
The Vegetarian Society is offering funding for local groups and not-for-profit organisations in the UK to hold activities or events in celebration of National Vegetarian Week 2017.
For 2017, the Vegetarian Society has introduced large grants of up to £2,000 and four application rounds.
Small grants of up to £200 or Larger grants of up to £2,000 are available for events and activities that attract those beginning their vegetarian journey, meat-reducers and the veggie-curious, but are inclusive of the wider vegetarian community.
The funding is for events and activities that:
- Take place during National Vegetarian Week 2017 (15-21 May) or in the two weeks before.
- Promote National Vegetarian Week exclusively as the primary purpose of the funded activity.
- Celebrate and promote vegetarianism.
- Are exclusively vegetarian or vegan. (Events cannot have non-vegetarian food or drink).
Examples of events and activities, could include, but are not limited to:
- Cookery demonstrations.
- Communal meals.
- Recipe exchanges.
The grants could be used for:
- Room hire.
- Equipment hire.
- Transport costs.
- Cookery demonstration materials.
Applications will be accepted from:
- Not for profit organisations in the UK (e.g. community groups, schools, social housing schemes, youth clubs, Cubs, Brownies, Scouts or Guides).
- Informal groups of friends, parents or students.
- Vegetarian groups, local network groups and student vegetarian and vegan societies (whether they are formally part of the Vegetarian Society network or not).
There are four closing dates in 2017 for applications:
- Large Grants – 22 January and 26 February.
- Small Grants – 26 February and 30 April.