Postcode Community Trust Opens Community Grants Programme for 2017 (GB)
In 2017, the Postcode Community Trust’s Community Grants scheme will focus on grass-roots community sports, arts, recreation, physical and mental health projects across Great Britain.
The Postcode Community Trust provides short-term, designated funding to grass-roots community sports, arts, recreation, physical and mental health projects taking place in England, Scotland and Wales.
The Trust seeks to help groups participate more fully in activities within their community, especially for those who may feel isolated through disability or age. The Trust wants to help them overcome these barriers in creative and sustainable ways. Projects should help people gain better access to community facilities, community activities and strengthen communities in ways that are different, sustainable and reach a wide number of people.
Grants range from £500 to £20,000 for those in Scotland and England and up to £10,000 for those in Wales.
Funding is available for activities that:
- Work in innovative ways to relieve older people’s isolation.
- Support people looking after others.
- Enhance volunteering opportunities.
- Promote community arts projects.
- Promote team/group sports and activities that benefit communities.
- Provide/enhance places for sport and recreation.
- Promote interaction of different generations.
- Promote a community’s social history.
Grassroots organisations, local charities and non-profit community businesses that are seeking to effect positive change within their local area in England, Scotland and Wales are eligible to apply.
The 2017 funding programme will have two rounds over the year and a new, two-stage application process:
- Stage 1 will involve an Expression of Interest (EOI) form.
- Stage 2 will consist of a full application form, open only to those invited to apply.
The deadline for round 1 expressions of interest is 10 February 2017.