Alzhiemer’S Society Cymru would like you to be based in one of the following areas: Caerphilly, Newport, Torfaen, Monmouthshire or Blaenau Gwent.
Activities will vary depending on the needs and priorities of your locality, however are likely to include some of the following:
* Attending a range of meetings with a wide variety of external agencies as a representative of the Society, in particular local health and social care bodies, CCG’s, GP groups, lay scrutiny groups and any dementia specialist subgroups as they develop
* Linking to local Dementia Action Alliances and/or Dementia Forums
* Linking to Dementia Friendly Communities developments
* Making contact with elected representatives to promote the Society’s work and raise issues relevant to the local constituency
* Linking to local groups, communities, businesses, individuals externally and linking to existing and new Society volunteer groups internally
* Promoting the Society at awareness raising events
This role is flexible, with a time commitment of approximately 10 hours a month (which includes time for reading and other research). You will be working closely with, and supported by, our Operations Manager for the Gwent area.
Contact number: 01633 665110 / 02920 434960 / 01269 597382
Contact email: email@example.com