The Heritage Lottery Fund is providing pre-application information workshops across the UK in preparation for the launch of its new £10 million Kick the Dust grants programme on 23 September.
In two weeks, the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) will open its new Kick the Dust grants programme which is intended to support ambitious youth-focused projects that transform how heritage organisations engage with young people (aged 11 to 25 years).
Grants of between £500,000 and £1 million for projects that take between three to five years to complete will be available to consortia of three or more organisations, including heritage and youth organisations.
The funding is intended to:
- Make heritage relevant to more and a greater diversity of young people, building on their needs and interests.
- Increase the ambition, scale and quality of youth engagement with heritage.
- Develop and embed sustainable, ongoing work with young people within heritage organisations.
- Evidence the value of youth engagement with heritage.
Projects will also need to meet at least one of the HLF outcomes for heritage, for people and for communities.
Potential applicants that would like more information can attend one of the following free pre-application workshops:
- 28 September: London
- 30 September: Edinburgh
- 5 October: Cardiff
- 6 October: Manchester
- 10 October: Nottingham
- 11 October: Newcastle
- 18 October: Birmingham
- 24 October: Belfast
It is necessary to reserve a place in order to attend an event, and this can be done on Eventbrite. There are a limited number of places which will be filled on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis.
The guidelines will be published on the HLF website on 23 September 2016.
There will be a mandatory project enquiry stage followed by an application process in two rounds:
- The deadline for project enquiries will be 2 December 2016.
- The deadline for first-round applications will be 20 February 2017.
To find out what other funding is available in your area please visit TVA’s Funding Portal by clicking here