Coalfields Regeneration Trust – Coalfields Community Grants Wales
Funding is available for community and voluntary organisations who can demonstrate that a grant will impact positively on people living in the former coalfield communities of Wales.
Current Status – Open for Applications
Maximum value: – £ 7,000
The Programme is for community and voluntary organisations who can demonstrate that a grant will impact positively on people living in the former coalfield communities of Wales.
Grants of between £500 and £7,000 are available.
An organisation can only hold one grant in any 12 month period.
Who Can Apply
Community and voluntary organisations in the former coalfield communities of Wales are eligible to apply.
Funding is not available for the following:
- Project costs that the Trust has funded previously through the Community Grant or Bridging the Gap programmes.
- Organisations with total unrestricted income above £250,000 per annum.
- Private business.
- Statutory bodies.
- Parish, town or community councils.
- Friends of groups where the end beneficiary will clearly be a statutory body.
- National organisations who do not have a registered office in Wales or an organisation not established in the UK.
- Projects set up to promote religious or political beliefs.
- Activities that are a statutory responsibility or replacement of statutory provision.
- Funding required to exclusively draw down landfill tax credits.
- Deficit or retrospective costs.
- Capital contingencies.
- The creation or maintenance of footpaths or car parks.
- The development of bars or bar areas for the purpose of increasing bar takings.
- Private pension schemes.
- Religious or political activities.
- Day trips.
- Overseas travel and expenses.
- Recoverable VAT.
- Animal welfare activities.
- General appeals for fundraising.
- School fees.
- Medical or research equipment.
- Bank or audit charges.
- Depreciation or amortisation.
- Fees for independent or external fundraisers.
- Debts including mortgage costs.
- Gifts and entertaining.
Funding is available for projects that meet one or more of the following themes:
- Tackling poverty – projects that work with the most vulnerable people in Coalfield communities to alleviate the affect of poverty.
- Job creation and employment support – projects that create new sustainable jobs within the community, or support people into work, including addressing barriers to work such as childcare or transport.
- Health and wellbeing – projects that improve the quality of life for people living in Coalfield communities with health problems, or projects that prevent negative impacts on health and wellbeing.
- Social enterprise development – projects that support the growth and development of social enterprises.
- Community buildings – improvements which include projects to reduce the energy costs of community buildings or reduce the carbon footprint of the building.
- Skills and training – projects that develop skills for people or provide qualifications.
Eligible project costs include the following:
- Refurbishment costs.
- Purchasing equipment.
- Rent/venue hire for the project.
- Promotion and marketing costs.
- Staff costs.
- Insurance for the project.
- New activities, services or products for social businesses.
How To Apply
Enquiry forms may be submitted at any time.
The Trust operates a two stage application process.
Enquiry forms are available to download from the Trust’s website.
Projects that may be eligible for support will then be sent an application form.
To find out what other funding is available in your area please visit TVA’s Funding Portal by clicking here